- Effects of Progres® on white shrimp – Aquaculture Europe 2023 conference
- Progres® studies to be presented at Aquaculture Europe 2023 conference
- Hankkija has sold the Progres® feed innovation business to AB Vista
- Progres® and Progut® in the weaner diet increased piglet resilience to F4-ETEC in the post-weaning period – A poster from Schothorst Feed Research at the ZeroZincSummit2022
- Raising piglets without medical ZnO – an example from Finland
- Hankkija recently hosted the 65th Intercoop Feed Congress in Helsinki
No more high doses of zinc in piglet feeds in the European Union. Since June 2022, the use of the so-called “medical zinc” in piglet feeds has now been banned, and other means of controlling the risk of post-weaning diarrhea (PWD) are needed.
ZeroZincSummit is a two-day symposium focusing solely on the withdrawal of medical zinc from piglet diets. The event will be held in Copenhagen on 22–23 June.
Hankkija FFI’s solutions for keeping PWD in control are the resin acid-based Progres® and yeast hydrolysate Progut®. Scientific evidence suggests that they both – in combination and alone – reduce the risk of PWD and improve the performance of piglets.
In the ZeroZincSummit, Dr. Anouschka Middelkoop from Schothorst Feed Research will present a poster titled “Effect of dietary resin acids and hydrolysed yeast in piglets challenged with F4+ enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli“, which describes the positive effects of Progres® and Progut® in a controlled challenge study.
Dr. Hannele Kettunen from Hankkija FFI will give an oral presentation with the title “Dietary resin acids improved performance of sows and piglets and acted as an immune modulator for piglets” and present a poster titled “Raising weanling piglets without medical doses of zinc: an example from Finland”.
Welcome to see the presentations at the ZeroZincSummit2022!